I. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Walk closely with Jesus Christ, living in a manner consistent with a pastoral calling (1 Tim 3:1-7). Through a daily quiet time with the Lord, seek to keep Jesus Christ as the priority of your life, realizing that prayer, Bible study, and Christian fellowship are essential to growing in God’s will. Specifically, the heart and passion of this person should be to exalt the Savior, evangelize the lost, encourage the believers, and equip the saints.
- Keep family in the right position of priorities and ensure they come before everything except your personal relationship with the Lord, even before the work of the church.
- Be a contributing member of the church staff by fostering cooperation, teamwork, respect, trust, and dependability. Faithfully radiate energy, friendliness, righteousness, fellowship, and stewardship in promoting the Lord’s work. Endorse and support the church’s purpose statement, Constitution and Bylaws, and the Statement of Faith as it appears in the church constitution.
II. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible to the Senior Pastor for administering the business affairs of the church, working with church members, committees, and staff to achieve church objectives, and to ensure all church business activities are conducted in a legal and ethical manner. Alleviate administrative tasks from the Senior Pastor, freeing him to focus primarily on preaching, vision-casting, and pastoral care.
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be an ordained, licensed minister who can validate his call to the ministry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting or Business Administration with at least 10 years related experience in Accounting, Human Resources, and Facility Management is preferred.
IV. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Have supervisory responsibility for the Finance Director, Director of Administrative Services, Event Coordinator, I.T. Associate, and Food Service Director.
- Serve as staff liaison to the following Committees: Ministry Plan (Budget), Building & Grounds, Risk Management, and other committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Hold ultimate fiduciary responsibility for all financial matters of the church.
- Provide leadership for the preparation and approval of the annual Ministry Plan (Budget) in cooperation with the Senior Pastor, ministerial staff, and the proper church Committees.
- Meet with the Finance Committee weekly to review requested disbursements, financial statements, and other topics as required.
- Manage the cash-flow position of the church including the responsibility to establish credit and to establish schedules and policies for payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions and vendors.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of capital projects or special projects.
- Responsible for writing, issuing, and updating all policies which encompass generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls for the operation and administration of the business affairs of the church.
- Review with auditors the annual year-end audit.
Facilities and Security
- Direct the maintenance, housekeeping, security, and event set up through the Director of Administrative Services and staff including general repair, upkeep, fire and safety codes, parking and traffic flow.
- Administer policies and procedures concerning the use of all Church properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Responsible for new construction of buildings and grounds.
- Liaison with the Risk Management Committee to periodically evaluate the property insurance and security needs of the church.
- Make recommendations to the Personnel Committee regarding personnel policies and employee benefits.
- Oversee the employee benefits program in accordance with church policy.
- Responsible for the coordination of the hiring and termination of Support Staff in accordance with church policy.
- Assure the Church’s compliance with applicable federal and state labor laws.
All other duties as assigned.