First Baptist Church Keller
Associate Pastor of Administration
First Baptist Church Keller is seeking an Associate Pastor of Administration.
The applicant must be a believer in Jesus Christ and in a mature, growing, personal relationship with Him. He must be able to unreservedly affirm as a statement of faith the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
The applicant must be an ordained, licensed minister who can validate his call to the ministry, and who meets the qualifications of pastoral leadership found in I Timothy 3:1-7.
The applicant must have a leadership style that is marked by compassion, patience, and genuine love and concern for those he shepherds in his ministry position and for the church family as a whole. He must have a heart for the lost and the hurting. The applicant must be able to complement the function of the pastoral staff under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
It is preferable for the applicant to have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in either Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized institution of higher education, and to have ten years of relevant experience in Accounting, Human Resources, and Facility Management.
I. Personal Responsibilities
- Walk closely with Jesus Christ, living in a manner consistent with a pastoral calling (1 Tim 3:1-7). Through a daily quiet time with the Lord, seek to keep Jesus Christ as the priority of your life, realizing that prayer, Bible study, and Christian fellowship are essential to growing in God’s will. Specifically, the heart and passion of this person should be to exalt the Savior, evangelize the lost, encourage the believers, and equip the saints.
- Keep family in the right position of priorities and ensure they come before everything except your personal relationship with the Lord, even before the work of the church.
- Be a contributing member of the church staff by fostering cooperation, teamwork, respect, trust, and dependability. Faithfully radiate energy, friendliness, righteousness, fellowship, and stewardship in promoting the Lord’s work. Endorse and support the church’s purpose statement, Constitution and Bylaws, and the Statement of Faith as it appears in the church constitution.
II. Job Summary
Responsible to the Senior Pastor for administering the business affairs of the church, working with church members, committees, and staff to achieve church objectives and ensure all church business activities are conducted in a legal and ethical manner. Alleviate administrative tasks from the Senior Pastor, freeing him to focus primarily on preaching, vision-casting, and pastoral care.
III. Education and Experience
- Must be an ordained, licensed minister who can validate his call to the ministry.
- A Bachelor Degree in either Accounting or Business Administration with at least 10 years related experience in Accounting, Human Resources, and Facility Management is preferred.
IV. Essential Functions
- Have supervisory responsibility over the Finance Director, Director of Administrative Services, Event Coordinator, I.T. Associate, and Food Service Director.
- Serve as staff liaison to the following Committees: Ministry Plan (Budget), Building & Grounds, Risk Management, and other committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Hold ultimate fiduciary responsibility for all financial matters of the church.
- Provide leadership for the preparation and approval of the annual Ministry Plan (Budget) in cooperation with the Senior Pastor, ministerial staff, and the proper church Committees.
- Meet with the Finance Committee weekly to review requested disbursements, financial statements, and other topics as required.
- Manage the cash-flow position of the church including the responsibility to establish credit and to establish schedules and policies for payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions and vendors.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of capital projects or special projects.
- Responsible for writing, issuing, and updating all policies which encompass generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls for the operation and administration of the business affairs of the church.
- Review with auditors the annual year-end audit.
- Facilities and Security
- Direct the maintenance, housekeeping, security, and event set up through the Director of Administrative Services and staff including general repair, upkeep, fire and safety codes, parking and traffic flow.
- Administer policies and procedures concerning the use of all Church properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Responsible for new construction of buildings and grounds.
- Liaison with the Risk Management Committee to periodically evaluate the property insurance and security needs of the church.
- Make recommendations to the Personnel Committee regarding personnel policies and employee benefits.
- Oversee the employee benefits program in accordance with church policy.
- Responsible for the coordination of the hiring and termination of Support Staff in accordance with church policy.
- Assure the Church’s compliance with applicable federal and state labor laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional information concerning the position and about the church and its programs can be found at the church’s website (fbckeller.org) or by contacting Wendy Price in Pastor’s Office at 817-431-2545.
Resumes must be submitted by April 30, 2019.
Please submit resumes to:
First Baptist Church Keller
P.O. Box 616
Keller, TX 76244
Attn: Pastor Search Committee, c/o Wendy Price
or email to email@example.com
Keller, Texas is one of several suburban communities located northeast of Fort Worth, Texas. First Baptist Church Keller is a Southern Baptist church, affiliated with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention. We are conservative in our theology, and typically have an attendance of approximately 1,300 (all ages) in Sunday Bible study. Our annual budget is currently approximately $5 million.