“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
First Baptist Church Keller is an Acts 1:8 church. What is Acts 1:8? Simply put, it is our Mission … the Great Commission. Our church views our mission strategically and geographically.
- Our “Jerusalem” is the greater Keller area (within about 15 minutes of our church).
- Our “Judea” is all of North-Central Texas (within about an hour’s drive from our church).
- Our “Samaria” is the rest of Texas and North America.
- Our “Ends of the Earth” is everywhere outside of North America.
We have volunteer Ministry Teams for each of these areas. God has a place for you in His mission! We have numerous Great Commission projects that fit all ages and interests. Be on the lookout for new ways to serve our Lord!
For First Baptist Church Keller, our “Jerusalem” is the great Keller area (generally about a 15-minute drive from our church). We have a Chinese and Korean congregation that meet on our campus each week, and we teach English through our International Friends ministry. We also have strategies to help FBC Keller members reach out and share Christ in their own neighborhoods.
Our church’s “Judea” is the North Texas area within about an hour’s drive of our church. Since the DFW metroplex has about 6.5 million people living here, we have narrowed our focus to several church plants and partner ministries.
- Nations Fellowship Church anchors our extensive ministry to refugees from around the world who now live in our area. That has already led to the planting of several new churches, including Eternal Life Church, a Bhutanese congregation in Fort Worth.
- We sponsor Foundation Baptist Church in Euless, a church revitalization through a new church plant.
- We work with Beautiful Feet Ministries to bless and disciple the homeless in downtown Fort Worth.
- Raceway Ministries helps reach motor sports fans during race weeks and events at the Texas Motor Speedway, and our church provides volunteers.
- We financially support Pregnancy Help 4 U in Keller and Real Choices Pregnancy Medical Clinic in Grapevine as they seek to share the message of life and hope to women in crisis pregnancies.
Our church’s “Samaria” is the state of Texas beyond the DFW area, the area just across the Mexican border, and the rest of the U.S. and Canada.
- For many years we have partnered to support orphans in two orphanages in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- We also partner with Faith Missions Ministries to bless families there with the gospel and by building new houses for some families.
- Our church has also formed a Disaster Relief Team that focuses on clean-up and chainsaw work as needed.
- We have planted two churches in the western United States in recent years: the Blue Mountain Baptist Church in Baker City, Oregon (2007) and the Desert Ridge Baptist Church in St. George, Utah (2011). We are currently working to plant another new church in southern Utah.
- We also have ongoing work among the Athabascan Indians of interior Alaska
- We have sent several teams to assist an inner-city church in the Denver, Colorado area.
- Our church is exploring ways to be more involved in reaching Montreal, Quebec in Canada.
The “Ends of the Earth” to our church is everywhere outside of North America. We send out numerous mission teams each year to areas where we have ongoing partnerships.
- In 2007 our church ”adopted” the unreached Yalunka people of Mali, West Africa. God has blessed that work over the years as our church has sent over 25 mission teams to Mali. We continue to minister there.
- We are exploring way to reach the Kayort and Dhimal people groups of southern Nepal.
- We have long-term relationships with ministries in Guatemala, Tanzania, India, Indonesia, Spain, Romania, and Macedonia.
- Several members of First Baptist Church Keller have gone out as full-time missionaries with the International Mission Board and various other organizations.
- Our church is annually among the Top 100 churches in the Southern Baptist Convention in giving to the IMB’s Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
If you are interested in serving on an international mission team, please contact Lawrence Duhon in the church office.
First Baptist Church Keller is very involved with Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child ministry. We serve as a local relay and collection center, and our church members fill hundreds of gift shoeboxes to be sent to impoverished children around the world each year. More details about how you can donate to and volunteer in this ministry will be provided seasonally.
Thursdays from September through May
First Baptist Church of Keller offers an International Friends ministry for immigrants to our area. This ministry teaches English at beginner, intermediate, and more advanced levels in a small-group environment. There is also a citizenship class to prepare permanent residents to become citizens of the USA. Contact the church office if you’d like to enroll or learn more about this ministry.
Our church partners with various individuals and ministries who are serving both locally and around the world. These partnerships often include funding and providing volunteers. For security purposes, many of these partners cannot be identified online because of the types of ministries and locations where they serve.
Missions Activities – Mission Friends, R.A.s, and G.A.s
Our children’s mission organizations meet during the school year on Wednesday night from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. We have organizations for preschoolers and elementary age boys and girls.
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Mission Friends is designed for our children who are three years old through kindergarten age. In this program, children learn about different missionaries, their family life, and where they live. A primary focus at this age is an awareness of other cultures and places because Jesus loves all people, even different cultures. They learn to share stories of Jesus at home and with friends.
Royal Ambassadors (R.A.s)
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
R.A.s is a missions education program for boys in the first through sixth grade. Our emphasis is to teach these young men how to be Christ-like and how to carry the message of Christ around the world. We do this through stories, videos, scripture memory, Bible study and activities during class times. Each week in the R.A. program, we learn about different missionaries and how God uses them to spread His Word to all corners of the globe. The emphasis is not just on what others are doing but on how we can be “On Mission” as well. R.A.s learn about the saving power of Jesus Christ and that everyone needs to accept Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
We also have special missionary speakers from time to time and the monthly Gym Night is always a hit with these active guys. In addition, the R.A. calendar is packed full of fun events. These events give the boys a chance to do things boys love to do, like race pinewood derby cars and go camping.
Girls in Action (G.A.s)
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
G.A.s is for girls in the first through sixth grade. The focus is on learning what a missionary is, the difference between home and foreign missionaries, and what a missionary does. To apply their learning, the girls become involved in mission activities in the home and in our surrounding communities.